Wednesday, September 18, 2013

100 Days of Tombow!


 I was lucky enough to be contacted by the wonderful company Tombow and was asked if I'd like to participate in the 100 Days of Tombow at their blog! Most of us crafters obviously know the name...but even if the name doesn't ring a bell...you still may have some of their stuff in your stash! Personally I almost exclusively craft with their Tombow Mono Multi glue but I had the chance to use their tape runner and really, really like it! And the size is so handy! 

 I also got to play with some of their amazing pencils...the Irojiten Color Dictionary Pencils. Loved. Creamy, vibrant and perfect. Plus loved the packaging, so cool!

 I did some background stamping over pattern paper using clear embossing powder. This old Stampin Up (garage sale find) stamp was embossed in white. And colored in using the beautiful set of Tombow pencils. Totally loved the look of the coloring on kraft card stock. The colors worked well together and shaded perfectly. 


To add color on the inside I simply used a ruler and the pencils and drew lines!


For the next card I used the markers, Groovy. Using the same stamp, I first brushed on each color I wanted on the stamp and stamped using a positioning tool. Same pattern paper as the first card, different coloring tool. Markers vs pencils. Love the different looks! Then to bring a little more color, I lightly used the brush tip on the marker to draw around a bit of the stamped image.


 I also stamped over everything at the end with a swirl stamp in white ink.


 Same inside as the first card! LOVED adding the color that way!


Papers~
My Minds Eye, patterned kraft
Papertrey Ink kraft (card 1)
white, blue and red card stock from stash
Stamps~
Hero Arts woodgrain (card 1)
Hero Arts cling flourish (card 2)
Papertrey Ink Fabulous Frames (both cards, sentiments)
Stampin Up, large floral
Embellies~
Liquid Pearls (card 1)
Martha Stuart butterfly punch and gems (card 2)

 Thank you SO much Tombow for including me in this wonderful celebration of your super fab products! What a treat this Summer!

 ~Leah



No comments: