Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Slow & Steady ~September Scrapbook Kit Reveal~


Slow & Steady

 Labor Day weekend turned out to be a slight bust for my household. My hubby and I think we ate some bad ice cream (is there such a thing?) But we both have had sick stomach's only after that late night snack so we haven't been up too much.
 With that said, after the kids went to bed I was able to get energy enough to create this page for the new September scrapbook kit for Artful Delight. Cool kit and something different, a little bit more "dude" themed then something overly girlie (which so many kits are, I found this one refreshingly different!) 
 I found some photos to scrap and intended to do a photo of my parents (that one's to come!) but found this one of the turtle I grew up with...uh, still growing up with. I have no idea how long this guy's been around but seriously...it's been years! =) But I love this photo of Bob (yep, his name is Bob) and it reminds me of my house (still my house even though I have my own mortgage now, LOL). 

 I did some die cutting for the title and used the great embellies included in the kit...love those thick cork arrows! I'll be sure to include every single one that came in the kits...those shall not go to waste! =)

 Think I forgot to mention that this kit is fullllll of woodgrain patterns so I may just have to include a bit in each page DT project this month! =)




 Here's a peek at the September scrapbook kit followed by the card kit! And there's a DT call for those interested! You can find that info and more details about the kit right here

September Scrapbook Kit
Card Kit

 Hope you all had an enjoyable weekend!

 Warmly, Leah


3 comments:

Cathy Caines said...

oh, well isn`t that the cutest layout!! Fabulous! Love it!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This is so cool..uh oh. Hope mentioning the word "cool" doesn't bring back those ice cream sickness feelings! :) Anyway, this is brilliant and I love how you got that cut-out-of-wood look. The art is amazing (not surprising), but I always appreciate your clever sentiments and themes, too. Slow and steady is indeed good advice for us all and I dig your little turtle!

flowerdisco said...

i love the wood grain papers too, especially the dapper one with the green. :)

nice layout, love that turtle, too cute.