Thursday, November 28, 2013

Authentic & Rad ~SOUS Die Cut Challenge Numbers~


Authentic & Rad

 I am just in love with this photo of my oldest son. You know how it goes...we all think no other kid can compare with our own. Hehe. Well I just figure that life is hard enough on it's own, we all need our own built-in cheerleader. Thanks to mom's everywhere! 

 I've created this layout for the newest Die Cut Challenge at Stuck on U Sketches! Numbers! What I had really thought of is something advent but that didn't happen...my kids are 4, 7 and 9 and I've never really done anything yet and really, really want to. But I need to be better prepared...maybe next year? LOL! 

 I wanted to share something cool about this layout that maybe wasn't obvious from the get-go. All the pieces in black are one large die cut piece. I started with the number die cut image, already to go in the Silhouette store and then added in the larger square. That's when I had the idea to also add a square for the photo as well. I then thought about a title so found these words in the store and added those. Lastly, and "out of the box" LOL, I added the banner piece towards the bottom of the page. I really wish I could of popped that entire thing off the page...but geez, can you imagine the job that would be trimming up wee pieces of foam around all that (not thanks!)



 A few more details would be the star cluster stamping on the yellow chevron and the glitter added to some of the printed paper (sadly, not sure that comes across in this photo). I Distress Stickled the number 9 since that's how old my son is now.


Papers~
My Minds Eye Boy Crazy (grey star and yellow chevron)
all other prints Basic Grey Fact or Fiction
Embellies~
MME Boy Crazy stars
mini wood stars
Stickles in orange and Diamond
Distress Stickles in Black Soot
Stamps and Inks~
Papertrey Ink (stars) 2012 Birthday Tags and That's the Ticket
Black Soot and Pumice Stone

1 comment:

Monica said...

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!