Friday, November 15, 2013

Sketch and Die Cut Challenge for Stuck on U Sketches


Always With Gratitude

 So I have a double share today since I wasn't able to get my last SOUS sketch up. I did do it so thought I'd just share in one long post today =) So get comfy, there's a few photos coming...

 First how about our newest Die Cut Challenge at SOUS....FOOD! Yum-o! For the record, that's a wheat branch...you eat wheat (and it rhymes so that's like double points), if you were wondering my "food" LOL! 

 I've done lots of little details on this card though the main design is simple. The entire front and back were stamped. Then stamped again in a text print and dusted with Perfect Pearls. 



 I covered the entire wheat branch with Versamark and embossed along with the sentiment in a gold embossing powder. Then in clear embossed a woodgrain stamp on vellum over a ledger background paper (same at sentiment strip and back circle panel).


 I don't even mind my uneven stamping with the wood board stamp...just adds to the feel ;)


Papers~
Papertrey Ink Rustic White (base)
Echo Park ledger and brown 
Die Cuts~
Silhouette wheat branch and swing card
Stamping~
Papertrey Ink, Farm and Barn: Background Basics,
Text Background Basics, Mat Stack 3: sentiment
Inks~
Perfect Pearl in gold
Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Papertrey Ink kraft ink
gold and clear embossing powder
Embellies~
gold ribbon and brown gems and white pearls

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Happy Together

 This layout was for last week's sketch. I wasn't able to get it done on time but since I did create the sketch, thought maybe I should still play =)
 This page makes me happy because these photos...Jordyn and Cody are pretty much always together when they are home. Here Jordyn was reading Cody some stories at bedtime all snuggled up in momma's bed. Too sweet. I was excited to scrap this...





Papers~
Echo Park Sweet Girl
and few scraps from Basic Grey Fact or Fiction
Die Cuts~
Silhouette: label shapes, everyday life card, title,
 feathers, and berry branch
Stamping~
Papertrey Ink: That's the Ticket, Polka Dot Background Basics

Inks~
Distress Ink Vintage Photo, 
Broken China and Victorian Velvet
Embellies~
Stickles (white and pink)
My Minds Eye brad
Martha Stuart border punch

 Wowza...long post! Thanks for sticking with me folks! Hugs!

 ~Leah

1 comment:

Nanne said...

Adorable layout Leah.. you are a scrappin queen :)
hugs