Friday, November 8, 2013

Thanks Fall Card ~Stuck on U Sketches and Whimsical Wednesday Hop~


Thanks Fall Card

 I am so crazy excited to share this project with you today! Oh my goodness...this is maybe one of my favorite cards, ever! 
 And for a fun hop that Stuck on U Sketches gals are doing with Whimsical Wednesday! With a wonderful Give Thanks, Fall Theme! We hope that you will join us and check out the wonderful goodies Whimsical Wednesday is offering for our hop! 

 You should of arrived here from Tereese Sblog. Blog hop in particular starts tonight and until midnight EST on Sunday. 

 I leave tomorrow...yes FINALLY, woohoo! I get to leave on almost 4 days at a scrapbooking retreat. Pretty much the single thing that I get to do each year and the one and only thing that I really truly look forward to! I have lots of projects designed and ready to go and can't wait to create! I share this because I won't have as much time to hop as I may like but will do my best to visit you ladies! So thank you for coming by!
 But I am sure you understand...4 days, scrapping, incredible meals prepared for us in our own house in the California Sierra's...and, did I mention...NO KIDS! This will actually be the longest I've ever been away from the kids! In their whole lives! =) 

 Ok, sorry... I got a little excited...how about back to the card? LOL!


 I started with a Lori Whitlock card design and altered that a bit using the Silhouette design software. I shaped mats for the pattern paper (background of the card) and again for the background, I designed a shape that looks like a hat (front portion) instead of just a square shape that would allow no pattern paper to be laid on the bottom portion of the card. (You can find this cut here on the Silhouette store). Here's the actual card so you can see a bit more of how I altered it.



 I used a leaf cut to make my own window piece. In the background I used some ledger paper and then clear embossed a woodgrain stamp onto vellum and added that overtop. All adhered to the bottom piece and the leaf window popped up.


 The polka dot paper in the background had a bit of glitter on it, so I actually added those small spots of glitter to the yellow paper. And then some more here and there...brought the whole card together! =)


Papers~
Recollections and Crate Paper
Papertrey Ink kraft for card base
Die Cuts~
Silhouette Store; Lori Whitlock card base
leaf for window, small leaves, branch, pumpkins,
banner, font from dafont.com
Embellies~
Stickles in Diamond
button and hemp
Stamps and Ink~
Hero Arts Woodgrain stamp and 
clear embossing powder
Distress Ink Vintage Photo, Spiced Marmalade,
Barn Door, Walnut Stain


 Thanks for sticking with me today!

 Next stop on the hop....Sue

~Leah

20 comments:

Stephanie said...

I can see why this is one of you al time fav cards it is totally gorgeous. So dimensional! Great colors too. You don't worry about us..and commenting...you go have a fab time. I can hear how excited you are in your writing..makes me excited. LOL!

Beth F. said...

Such a beautiful card! There are so many wonderful elements to it.

lindaplus3 said...

very very nice,,, love all the fall covers :)

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

I would be super happy making that card too...it's fantastic!!!

Indy said...

This is an incredible card! Love it!

Melissa said...

Wonderful job, gr8t color combo too!

marg0006 said...

Great layering and detail. Great looking card.

marg0006 at Verizon dot net

sue jones said...

Beautiful card!!
You have my blog link wrong and no one can get to it :(
www.soojay.co.uk
xx

DonnaMundinger said...

Ok, I'm totally embarrassed that it took a blog hop to get my butt over here. You know I love ya though, don't you? Gorgeous card! Truly GORGEOUS! Fabulous colors, design and details. Now you're makin' me wish I'd said yes to that retreat. Have a ball, Chickie! xxD

DonnaMundinger said...

Hey hon, your link to Sue doesn't work. Hope you an get it fixed before you go. xxD

GiGi said...

Beautiful, beautiful card! Love the leaf cutout with the fine branches. The bit of jute twine is just the perfect touch!

Nanne said...

This is absolutely FABULOUS! so many amazing details, that cut out being a definite fav...
hugs
Nanné

Sheila Burns said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! The oak leaf and the fatter twine...so pretty!!!

Iris said...

Gorgeous card - love all the details and the colors.
isoscia at aol dot com

Tereese S said...

Love your card. I really like those type of cards. It looks hard to make. Happy Hopping!! :D

Melissa & Margie said...

Hiya Leah! I can see why you're so excited....I LOVE this card too! Great colors, papers, design....everything!
Finally got my own blog again and I can stop mooching off Melissa. hee hee
www.acharmingidea.blogspot.com

Darlene Whalley said...

WOW!!! That card is fabulous!!

PsyDCarolyn said...

This is SUCH a cute card!

DaileyScrapper said...

Beautiful!! Can you believe I've never made one. LOL I love yours.
Yvette

rexenesmemories said...

What a gorgeous card!!!!