Thursday, December 12, 2013

Handmade Is Best Christmas ~SOUS Die Cut Challenge~



Handmade Is Best Christmas

 We have another great day for you at Stuck on U Sketches! First we have another Die Cut Challenge...ornaments! I was hoping to make some 3D ornaments this year but it hasn't happened yet! Maybe this weekend but good intentions don't always happen so we'll have to see! This season has been zipping by for us and at a fast rate, so we'll see what we can do! I made this card a month back at my scrappy retreat (when I actually made all my December projects). Love this little baby so much that I may keep this guy and save to enter in the fair next year...a winner?

 Oh gosh...and today is another important day as our newest Design Team members for our Die Cut team are joining us for the first time today! Exciting stuff! 

 Nanne and I are THRILLED to have you girls join us!


 I created this little shaped card using my Silhouette Designer Edition software. Making first a second layer so I could glitter around the edges! I scoped out paper from almost every other girl at my retreat looking for something for the background! Hard I tell you when you are not at home! But came up with this and did a little text stamping in the background.

 This chunky glitter is crazy gorgeous in person...a little container from a local craft store. Love. And my sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.


Papers~
Papertrey Ink kraft
My Mind's Eye (stripe)
Basic Grey (grid)
solids from stash
Stamps~
Papertrey Ink Button Boutique and Wreath's of All Seasons
Background Basics Text
small hearts from Tiny Tags die
Embellies~
twine
glitter
Distress Ink Vintage Photo

 Hope you adore this as much as I do!
 And another warm welcome to my new die cutting friends! =)

 ~Leah

8 comments:

Melin said...

What a pretty ornament Leah. It looks so warm and cozy! I bet that chunky glitter really captures the light! Thank you so much for the opportunity to be a part of SOUS. I am your newest follower. Can't wait to see more of your beautiful work!
-Melin
My Blog: MyPaperCrafting.com

Vivian Lake said...

I actually do really adore the ornament!! Thanks for having me back on the team!

Monica said...

Well I definitely do adore it.. glitterrrrrrrrr ... love glitter.
This is so cute and definitely a keeper. I love my Sily too. Thank you for having us newbie's on the team!!

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

Leah this is a beautiful ornament and those mittens are too cute !! I am so happy to be on this design team !!

hugs,
Mayra
mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Creative M said...

Simply adorable!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenge Blog ♥

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh my gosh, this is gorgeous. Love the row of glittered mittens.

Sylvie said...

Oh Leah, this is so pretty! LOVE those little mittens!

Helen Gullett said...

Somehow I missed your blog.... But this is so pretty! Love the mittens banner super cute :) Indeed handmade is the best :)