Friday, December 27, 2013

Welcome Christmas ~SOUS Die Cut Challenge Snowflakes~


Welcome Christmas

 Oh I sincerely hope you all had an incredible Christmas! Myself, I am a bit in shock that it is here and gone so quickly. I think as we get older, or maybe it's more of having a family that all the family activities, the baking, the gatherings, etc make the time go by much more quickly. I wish I could just sit and savor the days. 

 I haven't been much in a blogging mood lately and really haven't crafted too much this season past classroom gifts for the teachers and Christmas cards. I did manage to make those this year. The blogging part though has been pushed off. Thank goodness for Stuck on U Sketches or I'd be a complete loss...

 Here is my card for our SNOWFLAKE, Die Cut Challenges at SOUS


 I'll admit that I may have thought this a better idea in theory then in actual terms. I do love how simple this card is but with the detail. But the time it took to trim and pop the center pieces of the snowflakes...oh my! Not for the weary, I tell you! =)

 In this photo below you can also see that the foreground was embossed with a falling snow embossing folder. I would have loved the have embossed the top portion but with the cuts and delicacy of that it would have been too hard.

Papers~
Bazzill White
Die Cutting~
Silhouette Store; snowflakes
Stamping~
Papertrey Ink; Wreathes of a Seasons
grey ink
Embellies~
white buttons and bakers twine
embossing folder

 Thanks for stopping in and I wish you all had a very Merry Christmas!

 ~Leah

4 comments:

Monica said...

This is gorgeous.. and yes ... little pieces ... those will drive one batty!

Melin said...

What a pretty card Leah! All the details are perfect!
-Melin

Helen Gullett said...

White is perfect for your snowflake card! Love how you welded and cut this card. Gorgeous with the buttons too! :)

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

This is very pretty Leah !!!!

Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com