Thursday, January 9, 2014

Merry Jingle Joy ~SOUS Die Cut Challenge Snowman~


Merry Jingle Joy

 Are you ready for another challenge?
 As usual, I am alllllllls about die cutting! I LOVE that you barely need a thing other then some paper...and let's get honest, we HAVE paper! =)
 So, I was excited for Stuck on U Sketches snowman Die Cut Challenge!
 I got busy with cutting and cutting....oh, and cutting! 5 layers per wreath, just saying... =)


 I had an idea to splatter paint. But I was pretty worried if it would end up reading "snow" or Jackson Pollock? Luckily my watered down acrylic paint was right on and looks snow good in person! I actually rather using paint then most new paint sprays as I believe you get more control and also paint leaves small raised paint spots and it looks way cool!

 How about those cuties? Yes, the snowman are darling but talking about my babies from this Christmas Eve (something about knowing Santa's coming that sure can get a kid (and parent) to smile!)


Papers~
Crate Paper (blue and white chevron)
cardstock; American Crafts, Walmart,
Recollections (white shimmer) and scraps
Die Cutting~
Silhouette Store: wreath, title (multiple mixed together),
snowmen and cardinal
Embellies~
snowflakes punches (MS and EKSuccess)
buttons, gems and pearls
Picket Fence Stickles
white acrylic paint
green, blue, brown, and red Distress Ink

11 comments:

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

Beautiful layout ! I love using acrylic paint also , I think it turned out perfect on your layout !!

Hugs,
Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Melin said...

What a beautiful layout! The pops of red are fantastic! You brave soul with the paint! I think I would have been too unsure to try that, but it just knocks your layout outta the park! Dynamite!!!!
-Melin
My Blog: MyPaperCrafting.com

Holly Hudspeth said...

I just love, love, love the wreaths on this layout. Great design!

Vivian Lake said...

This is so gorgeous!! The acrylic paint is perfect!

Rosie said...

I love your lo design, such cute snowmen too!

Monica said...

oh yes .. your babies are certainly cuties!!! I have to agree.. less control with those sprays!! boy you sure did cut a lot! this was really cute.loved it.

Sylvie said...

OMG! I LOVE THIS! The snowmen are cute but I adore the wreaths!! Great idea!

Helen Gullett said...

Leah, your layout is gorgeous. I love how you added the snowflakes randomly (plus those cute buttons on them!) and the snowman is cute too! :)

Tracey said...

Oh Leah.....Adorable layout! I use paint too, your snow is perfect! Such a pretty page, love the wreaths and all there layers. Happy weekend to you. Hugs x

Charlotte Brochu said...

Too cute! Love the little wreaths! Great idea!

Ганна Грудень said...

Great page! I love your details! Have a nice day!)