Thursday, January 30, 2014

Thankful Love ~SOUS January 31 Sketch~


Thankful Love

  Happy Friday folks!
 Dealing with more sickie's this week. Oh geez! This momma needs a break! So with that I haven't been able to craft this week and it's starting to bug me…LOL! But I did manage to make the best (that I've ever had!) chicken salad! I've come so far with cooking/baking…so cool to be making good things to eat. I should seriously get better at sharing recipes here! 

 Well, today us gals at Stuck on U Sketches have another sketch challenge using something a little bit different that I created for you…I hope you like the sketch! I'll admit to being a bit thrilled at the neat projects created by our crazy amazing DT! =) You loves rocked it! 

 A few photos of my family…my sisters pictured together and my niece above.


 Easy way of dealing with the multi layers of the butterflies was to staple with Tim Holtz mini attacher.
The vellum background for the butterflies helped them stand out without the extra color or print of paper (cause they're certainly was enough going on!) I also rolled a stylus behind each green leaf to give some dimension. I found the trick in doing this is the roll over a piece of foam so there is something soft to give into the pressure.


 A little more vellum to frame the word love.



Papers~
Basic Grey Nook and Pantry
DCWV Guys Stack
various BG scraps
vellum
Die Cuts~
Silhouette Store; title (free fonts)
foliage from various files
butterflies 
Embellies~
Iamroses, Prima and Recollections flowers
brown pearls
white gel pen
Inks~
Distress Ink Broken China, Vintage Photo
Shabby Shutters, another nameless darker green =)

 Hope that you like this! It's kinda different for me, don't you think?

 ~Leah

5 comments:

Tracey Gregory said...

Love your layered butterflies! Thanks for the awesome sketch!

Tammy E. said...

There are so many things to say! Love the sketch, your layout is beautiful! And, your new blog rocks!!!

Jane Stirling said...

Gorgeous page Leah. Loving all the elements, and especially all the layers on the butterflies - beautiful... Hugs xx

Neela Nalam said...

Wow, love all the dimension you have have on this layout. Love it.

Charlotte Brochu said...

Leah, this is just so, so pretty! I love the flower/butterfly clusters!