Thursday, February 20, 2014

Under The Weather ~SOUS Die Cut Challenge Umbrella~


Under the Weather

 I love Friday!
 Another Friday means another Stuck on U Sketches Challenge!
 How about a Die Cut Challenge…umbrella…ella…ella…hey, hey! For you Rihanna fans =)
 Anyways! LOL!
 I created this fun card utilizing the cut and print feature on the Silhouette Cameo. I had designed my card first and then realized things could go a little bit more quickly if I printed my background instead of cutting all those little clouds. I LOVE the fact that you can make custom pieces like that! I also thought ahead and made sure that the cloud would be sized correctly for my stamped sentiment. To also speed up the process, the person is also print and cut. Only the umbrella pieces were paper pieced and cut. Better photo below…also shows off the "wet" look to the umbrella using my finger to coat the umbrella with Stickles Rock Candy. 


Papers~
Crate Paper (umbrella)
white card stock (for printing)
Sentiment~
Papertrey Ink Heart to Heart #6
Misc~
Rock Candy Stickles
Vintage Photo Distress Ink

 Also wanted to say a big THANK YOU for all that hopped along last weekend for the SOUS blog hop! Since it was mostly DT members that hopped and few other lovely ladies I pulled a DT member for my Silhouette Gift card…Nicolle! Shoot me an email and I'll get that to you!
 Thanks for visiting and checking this out! Hope to do more like this in the future! As long as I can handle paying for printer ink! LOL!
 Laters...
post signature

8 comments:

Melin said...

What a super cute idea! I love that print n cut can speed things up and yet make the card look well thought out and perfect! The stickles is a great idea too!
-Melin
My Blog: MyPaperCrafting.com

Vivian Lake said...

What a great way to showcase the umbrella! I never did think to show the back of one - this is just so fabulous!

Holly Hudspeth said...

Great card Leah. This went into my favs.

flowerdisco said...

Hi leah, love your umbrella. Simply adorable.
Xo

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

This is such a lovely and sweet card !!! I love the design on the umbrella !! Hope you have a wonderful weekend !!

Hugs,
Mayra
MayrasDesigns.blogspot.com

Kim said...

Loving your card! The little girl is just to cute! Hope I can find time to play along!
~Kim

Ганна Грудень said...

Great card Leah! love it!

Sylvie said...

How cute!! Love the stickles!