Thursday, March 20, 2014

February Happy Birthday ~SOUS Word Art DC Challenge~


February Happy Birthday

 I'm looking forward to sharing this card with you guys today! Thought it was something a little bit different! =)
 This guy is for Stuck on U Sketches Die Cut Challenge…Word Art!
 I love this challenge because of the incredible options out there, the creative imagery! Oh so much! Just even thinking vinyl projects (which I've never taken on myself!) Anyways, really loving the DT projects and excited to see what our participants make!

 After my project I have some things to share about my weekend away with my hubby =)



Papers~
all from scraps
DCWV glitter paper 
Die Cuts~
Silhouette Store: Calendar Strip, Puppy With Balloons,
Banner Happy Birthday
Stamping~
Versamark Ink and Papertrey Ink Polka Dot Basics
Hero Arts birthday text
Misc~
Perfect Pearls
Stripes Embossing folder by Paper Studio
gems
Diamond Stickles (behind balloons)

 So I may have mentioned my husband and I were going to a marriage retreat. We had an incredible weekend away! Was even worth both he and I being sick this week! =( 
 I don't share photos enough so thought I would share some! 



 We stayed at the Babbling Brook Inn.



We had our own personal balcony next to the water wheel and waterfall. Very romantic =)


 The highlight (*she chokes these words out*) of our weekend was during our lunch break. We grabbed sandwiches and headed to the beach...don't get out your binoculars but we DID end up at a nude beach! Gasp! What a way to loose your appetite! LOL! I further embarrassed my hubby by telling the whole retreat what we did when they asked if anyone did something exciting during lunch! *Blush*


Vintage Faith Church of Santa Cruz hosted our weekend away with Ted Cunningham! I literally have never been so touched by a speaker before, or had SO much fun! He was beyond hilarious but exceptionally real and seeing someone (particularly for me, a man) so passionate about marriage. It warmed my heart! I would HIGHLY suggest you look him up. He's also an author and has some amazing books, very worth reading!

 A big thanks to Cornerstone Church, Livermore for setting us such an incredible event!


post signature

7 comments:

Vivian Lake said...

Cute card! Especially the puppy. Your weekend away looked fabulous!!!!!! Kind of jealous!

Tracey said...

Super adorable card ! Wow your romantic weekend away sounded fabulous!

Charlotte Brochu said...

What an adorable card! Sounds like your weekend was totally awesome and how great that you could get away for a bit!

Sylvie said...

How cute is that puppy?? Love the banner! Going to have to steal that idea! ;)

Sylvie said...

How cute is that puppy?? Love the banner! Going to have to steal that idea! ;)

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

What a great card !! I love the word art you used !! Wonderful photos also !! Looks like a beautiful place !!

Hugs,
Mayra
MayrasDesigns.blogspot.com

byheleng said...

I love the happy birthday banner :) this is a cute card!