Thursday, April 10, 2014

Love You THIS much ~SOUS April 11 Sketch~


Love You THIS Much

 My bestie and co-leader with me over at Stuck on U Sketches, Nanne, has the greatest sketch to share with you all today! I love the basic design but how crazy versatile it is! For sure one to use again and again. But bratty me, I'm going to make you head over there to check it out! You'll love it, promise!

(click picture for link to the shop!)
 Scrapbook Circle is our AWESOME sponsor for the month of April! With an amazing gift of $30 to one lucky participant in ANY Stuck on U Sketches challenge for the month…lots of chances to win! Good luck and thanks again to Scrapbook Circle!

 So, I created something that feels different for me. I kept going over and over the design I created in the Silhouette DE but there was nothing else I felt drawn to add to the design. Then even after cutting it was the same thing. I literally had to force myself to allow this page to be a more clean and simple design (CAS). So I let myself focus on some detail and kept the rest as is…


 All the pink and blue on the page was covered in loose glitter (gasp! I did say….loose! very loose, LOL! a terrible time but crazy gorgeous in person so very worth it!)


 "This" was also glittered but the arrow below covered fully in Glossy Accents.


 I used vellum to cover the chevron banner. That acted to mute the design and give me a place to journal. This was also sprayed with white Perfect Pearls, as was the top note background shape. I like the mix of glitter w/ the splashes of shimmer as well!


Papers~
WM card stock
American Crafts card stock
Echo Park
Crate Paper
vellum 
Die Cuts~
Silhouette Store: elephant, title, top note shape, scalloped border
hearts and banners
Misc~
Martha Stuart chunky glitter
black pen
white gel pen
white Perfect Pearls
  I really hope that you guys like this page. I don't know why I'm so worried, LOL. I can't tell if this is too simple or if I nailed the concept. I do think the page doesn't "read" as well photographed either. I took a number of pictures at different times of the day and just wasn't happy with any of them…that ever happen with you?
 Thanks for visiting! If you have a chance, I posted earlier this week and have another post going up tomorrow. Maybe come back and visit and stay awhile this weekend and check things out? Would love the visit!
post signature

6 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Hi, how wonderful to catch up with Tracey! We had a great day last year taking photos of our girls in the gardens! A great day! Your layout looks wonderful, a great take on the sketch, have a lovely weekend!

Charlotte Brochu said...

Leah, I just fell in love with those cute little elephants! So adorable the way you used them on your sweet layout!

Caroleanne Wright said...

HI Leah, so sweet and so simple yer very effective, love it. x

Sandi Clarkson said...

This is so sweet and I can tell that it must really sparkle IRL. And yes that happens to me, too! Happy weekend, sweetie!

Rosie said...

I LOVE your interpretation of the sketch, such a cute photo too!

Neela Nalam said...

Such a cute photo and I love all those die cuts.