Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbon Robot and Gears Layout

No Adjustments, Automatically Perfect!

 Oh my gosh!
 I am so happy to finally share this one with you all! 
 I was saying over at Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbon (it's my hosting day over there) how I had designed this and then it sat for awhile before I had a day to put it together! I am so happy with how it turned out! I also went a little more slowly at putting this together. I really put stuff together and didn't start adhering things until the very end. Good thing because I did add a few things I wouldn't have been able to had to just slapped it together in the beginning! 

 I did some embossing on a few of the gears. After I decided to have the embossing a little more prominent (and didn't want to do ink of this layout) so I carefully sanded the embossed areas. I also used a couple different thicknesses of adhesive foam. For sure click on the photos if you want a better look but the dimension in this layout is just great (IRL!)


 And a hidden tag! See the red gear behind the photo? I welded a gear onto a square after measuring the space I had for the tag. I created a shadow and another layer in white to write on and then another layer for the red gear...

 I embossed the main body of this guy! Oh man, are these guys cute! To create a little more interest I added a layer of Glossy Accents over the entire eye...and AFTER glittering the dial on his chest, I also covered that with Glossy Accents!
 I also wanted to mention how to kinda alter your die cuts...I really wanted this guy to be waving hello, and to have a leg stepping up onto the gears on the bottom.
 With your design software, you will want to add all the layers together so you can see the finish image. Using a knife tool then you can cut off (trim off) the area to don't want or want to move. Once that is done, you move to where you want it and weld back together! Very easy to do!



 And same thing here...thick chunky glitter on the light bulb "ears" covered in Glossy Accents. You can do glitter alone of course but the look with GA on top is just too cool!
 Here, I just simply cut off the arms (sorry guy!) and moved them so that he too could be saying Hi! =)

Papers~
Recollections All Occasion (background grid)
scraps from: Basic Grey, DCWV, Echo Park
American Crafts, WM, and My Mind's Eye
Die Cuts~
Silhouette Cameo
Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbon;
Robots Cutting File
Best Buddies (stars)
Embossing~
Cuttlebug Seeing Spots
Paper Studio stars
Misc~
Paper Studio brads
Glossy Accents
Stickles
 Busy post! Lots to share...so off I go! Thanks for visiting!
post signature

1 comment:

Linda said...

That layout is so cute!!! Love all the ideas with the gears and robots. I have a bunch of gear heads in my household (car racers) so this would be perfect for those pictures.