Thursday, May 22, 2014

June Birthday Boy ~SOUS May 23 Sketch~

June Birthday Boy
 Hi! Happy Memorial Day weekend! This is our first weekend that we are actually doing something! Camping south of Half Moon Bay. Get used to hearing this from me because we have monthly, if not twice a month, camping trips this Summer at the beach! Oh yeah! Just if the place was warm enough, I could use a tan! =)
 
 Wow can I get off topic quickly...okay! How about a new sketch challenge at Stuck on U Sketches! I hope you really like this sketch! And I just made another copy and made it into a double! For sure not something I regularly do! 
 I'm not a fan of layouts without photos but my little guy's birthday is...yup, next month =) so I got to wait just a bit for photos. But I'm ready for them! 



 I used a mix of chocolate brown, black, blue and orange acrylic paint for the splattering as well and lots of Black Soot Distress Ink!


 If you are ever curious what to do with all the background cuts available...it makes for something much more interesting then just solid paper! Love this! I mixed pretty much tone on tone papers but one smooth sheet and one with texture. It's a great combo!


Our May 23 Sketch!


Papers~
American Crafts card stock
Basic Grey (black and white circle, cupcake liners)
My Minds Eye Twinkle Twinkle Little Boy
Die Cuts~
Silhouette Store; number background, distressed circles, 
stars, happy birthday circle, tag, cupcakes, flourishes, 
titles, and day label
Misc~
Acrylic paint in brown, black, orange and blue
bakers twine
Distress Ink Black Soot and Vintage Photo

 Ok darlings! Have a wonderfully fun and safe weekend! I'll see you back tomorrow for a blog hop and then again Monday...hope you'll come back and visit!
post signature

4 comments:

Katy said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this layout! LOVE the colors...LOVE the half circles "Happy Birthday"...LOVE the "subtle-ness" of the number cuts you used and LOVE that you made it a two-page layout!

Caroleanne Wright said...

Hi Leah, love love love this too. Love the colours, textures and design. x

Dorlene Durham said...

I am honored that I was able to see this layout in person. You do amazing work! TFS

Charlotte Brochu said...

So fun how you've turned this into a double page spread! I love the "grungy" feel to it!