Thursday, May 8, 2014

Love This Boy ~SOUS May 9 Sketch~


Love This Boy

 Anyone else want to kiss each and every one of those freckles? Ok, maybe it's a momma thing! LOL! I was so happy creating this layout because I got the chance to sit with this photo of my oldest child. He's just as precious to me as the day he was born (well, kinda! Ha!)

 Today is a sketch day over at Stuck on U Sketches and as I'm hostess this month, then also creator of May's sketches. Hope you all will enjoy them! 

 While you are hopefully visiting I will be on my way to a house up in the California foothills. Gold country. Each November I attend this scrapbooking retreat. Our own house in a Christian camp where they bring in the most fabulous meals and then we create all day, all night! Well we had the chance to go again and I am so there! =) Many of you know how limited time away from the kids is! 



 I did a lot of inking, doodling, and painting on this layout. The title was pieced together. Adding the love this arrow and welding onto the word boy. I inked the blue background and then splattered water on it, so the texture is great. And used a white gel pen to add even more detail to the title. Love how that all turned out…and the fun, fun bike! Cause ya know, my boys a biker =)


my sketch...


Papers~
Crate Paper, Check In
Fancy Pants, The Good Life
Die Cuts~
Sihouette Store:
photo frame, bicycle, title and flourish
Inks~
Distress Ink Barn Door, Stormy Sky, Vintage Photo,
and Walnut Stain
Jenni Bowlin blue mist
October Afternoon brown 
Embellies~
wood veneer stars
black pearls

 Okay darlings…come back tomorrow. There's a blog hop to partake in! Hope you'll come back and visit!
post signature

3 comments:

Lizzyc said...

That is a wonderful sketch and love your layout too! Cute photo and love all the layers too. Have a good time at the retreat!

Nicolle Kramer said...

What an adorable pic and fun layout! Love all your die cut images and papers used on this layout. ! Happy Mother's Day!! xoxox

Neela Nalam said...

Beautiful layers and such a nice photo!