Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Guest Designer for Sisterhood of Crafters- Diecut and/or Punches


With Deepest Sympathy

 Today is my last day Guest Designing for the month of July for the Sisterhood of Crafters. Lucky me gets to be a Step Sister~ yay! 
 As much as I adore this lovely card, it's a sad thing to have had to design it. My dear friend Tracy lost both her father and about a week or so later, her mother in law. Super tough. So I wanted to make something to let her know that I was thinking about her and the family. 

 I started with a kraft card base clear embossed using a Hero Arts woodgrain stamp. I cut 3 layers using a Papertrey Ink wreathe die. All embossed with white powder. 2 layers cut in vellum and one in green paper. 


 The banner is hand cut. It's tough to see in this photo but I added an embossed line above and below the sentiment (using my score board) and then again, white embossed the sentiment. For the last details I added wood veneer hearts and pearls.

 One more huge thank you to all the sisters at Sisterhood of Crafters and thank you for asking me to join you this month! Certainly a treat to share with you all! 
 Happy Summer!

post signature

4 comments:

Sarah Nancarrow said...

Wow this is gorgeous, I love the dimension in the leaves and the subtle wood grain :)

Diane said...

Beautiful card and design Leah...I am sure it will be greatly appreciated!! Thank you for being our guest designer this month for "The Sisterhood"..we love having you!
Diane TSH DT

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Oh Leah I'm so sorry to hear of your dear friends losses ... certainly a difficult time for her! This beautiful card not only expressed your sorrow for her but how much of a friend you are. I have no doubt it helped warm her heart.
We are so thrilled to have had you join us as our 'step sister' at The Sisterhood of Crafters in July. We hope you'll continue to join in our challenges and maybe even be our step sister again in the future. That would be great fun!
Take care and thanks again!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Dorlene Durham said...

Just beautiful! I love how you put so much detail in everything you do