Thursday, August 7, 2014

August 8 Stuck on U Sketches DieCut Challenge


Good Times Always

 Today is our newest Die Cut Challenge…Light's, Camera- Action! How fun! So we are looking for all things DIE CUT that will go along with this theme and if you need ideas, check out the awesome projects from the Stuck on U Sketches Design Team! 

 As much as I am a fanatic with using my Silhouette Cameo to cut, it's also nice just to use metal dies sometimes. I guess for me, it's just something a little different. Luckily I had this super awesome stamp and matching die set from Papertrey Ink, Shutterbug Special. 

 Because I am totally new to using markers, I am still playing (just a bit) with a set of Spectrum Noir markers. I chose those frankly because the other marker price always makes me gag =) anyway, I stamped in a solid brown but played just a little bit with adding color the stamped image with my markers. I would do more next time but I like that slight detail. 


 I also did a bit of dry embossing. You can barely make out the circle impression on the birthday party scene patterned paper (I did something wrong so that it didn't fully emboss, LOL) and then just for texture purposes did emboss the card base which just shows at the edges but it pretty when you open the card up.

 I had to get in this picture as well because you would have had no idea about the great glittery details! =) For adding more texture and detail I also snuck in some left over branch cuts (leftovers from a project done last year), red polka dot flourishes by Sizzix and glitter paper punched leaves by Martha.
The glitter chipboard piece was an ancient left over in my stash, as is the puffy cupcake sticker (thank you $1 Walmart stickers!)


 And the coolest part of this PTI stamp set is the hidden pull tag element…adore that!


 My, I was quite a lot more chatty then I've been this Summer! Too busy to chat? Well that doesn't sound anything like me! =)

 Before I go…we have an incredibly generous sponsor at Stuck on U Sketches this month…thank you dearly to Lime Citron for this HUGE gift! Play in ANY challenge, or EVERY challenge this month to increase your chances to win!!!!!!!!!



 Thanks for visiting folks! I'll be back Saturday with a hop hop hop for Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbon!

post signature

No comments: