Saturday, August 9, 2014

Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbon Yummy Blog Hop



 Hi friends! Welcome to another hop with your favorite ever shop…Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbon! Just checking you are in the right place, did you come from Kathy's blog, right? Well if not and you aren't sure, just head up to PPPR and check it out there! 

 As you may be able to tell..our theme this week is something Y U M M Y! You've got a chance to win a little something from the hop as well as by creating your own yummy project following the monthly challenge as well! Yay! For chances to win, hop and comment, follow EACH blog (I know, it's a lot but we rock, right? LOL!) Want even MORE chances to win? Like us on Facebook or sign up for the PPPR newsletter
Like
 So I did something just a bit different or rather, not totally "yummy" themed. But I created my own background paper using the die cut files. I love this option because you can customize things so particularly. Plus this was just a lazier version then having die cut each image and laying them flat on the paper (amazing as that would have been for the background). I chose my colors, grouped the file and print! Boom! All done! Now I did need this ridiculously darling fan cut out so he could be the center of focus- as he so deserves! 

 Hope you like this! 


 Can't find or own the trendy Wink of Stella pen? No problem, a good old glitter gel pen still works fine!



(card base)

 Trying hard to keep this short for the hops so you are all not totally overwhelmed! Thanks for visiting and thanks SO much for following! You ROCK!

 Next stop….MELISA
post signature

19 comments:

Sarah Nancarrow said...

What a cute card, and I love that cute fan!!

Sue D said...

Very cute and I like how you made the yummy background paper.
I am a follower.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

jessica said...

Such a GREAT card Leah!!! LOVE it!!!

Lisa Norris said...

What a creative way to use that yummy file, Leah! Thank you so much for creating such a COOL project for our hop! :)

Glora said...

Awesome summer card. I love the popsicle background and the awesome fan too! I'm a follower! Hugs- Glora
me(at)glorajean(dot)com

Patricia Vickers said...

Popsicles and a fan, what a cute card.

Yvonne Morentin said...

very cool,
i am a follower.
morentin1326 AT aol DOT com
and
I am an email subscriber
and
I liked fb page long time ago.

TFern said...

Great idea using the Popsicles as background paper!!

Sin City Chix said...

What a fabulous idea of making your own paper background with the Popsicles. I have a few files but the fan is the only one I've used so far. Great job!

I'm a subscriber. jobcorpsjen@gmail.com

jamie said...

Love the fan..Looks great must have taken a lot of work

DebbyP said...

Love the popsicle background to accent that adorable fan.
TTFN from a new follower
dpookybear at yahoo.com

marg0006 said...

Wow, you did a wonderful job with the shiny fan. and love the stamp shape.

marg0006 at Verizon dot net

Helen said...

Cute! Love the popsicles with the fan :)

Carla said...

I love the fan it's so cute!! I love how you did the background with the Popsicles they are so fun!! Thanks for sharing.


racincrafts at aim dot com
racincrafts.blogspot.com

Shannon said...

That's gorgeous!! What an awesome card!!! <3

Jennie cartier said...

love it

Lori said...

very cute!

Jennifer said...

Hi Leah,

I love the designer paper you made to go with the cute fan!!! :)

Thank you for sharing!

Crafty hugs,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com

SiskiyouSue said...

What a great idea, I'd never have thought to use cut files to make the background paper. I'll be trying it soon!