Thursday, August 21, 2014

Stuck on U Sketches Die Cut Challenge- Blow Out The Candles


 Challenge time! Who's ready to die….CUT! =)
 Stuck on U Sketches has another die cutting challenge! Which means as much as we LOVE stamping, we want to see DIE CUTS….so

 Blow Out the Candles

 Our new challenge! You can have stamping on the project but there needs to be a DIE CUT birthday image. Just a reminder =)

 So I had a big surprise from my always thoughtful hubby back on last Mother's Day. He bought me the coveted Shakers + Sprinkles Make It Market Kit by Papertrey Ink. This kit was so hot that it crashed their website! Anyways, took a couple months for me to get it but once I did…look out! This is my first project with the kit! (everything but the balloon (diecut and paper) and the blue heart paper, and twine was in the kit). 


 I die cut the birthday balloon's from my Silhouette with tiny little scraps from my stash. The great cream and gold twine was from the dollar spot at Target.


 This great and super fun confetti is also from the kit! The kit came with confetti dies! Cool, right? Including the awesome title word which was cut in an orange shadow and a few layers cut in glitter paper. After I ran the strings for the balloons I realized it covered the word up. No problem, just add another die cut! Think there's a total of 5 layers to this word! =)



 Ok well! This is our LAST weekend before the START of school! My oldest just turned 10 and so this weekend is a big weekend away with just Daddy! They get to go see WWE live in Sacramento, spend the day in the city and a hotel night! They will have the best time! Way to wrap up Summer!
post signature

8 comments:

Neela Nalam said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors on the balloons and the sparkles die cut.

Vivian Lake said...

Love this card!!!!

Janis PauseDreamEnjoy said...

Festive! Love all the layering.
~Janis, DT SOUS

Rosie said...

Gorgeous card! The glitter paper is fantastic!

Helen Gullett said...

WOW, Leah, this is a great and cute shaker card! I love the colors, of course the shaker, glitter sentiment and also the balloons! Okay... everything on the card LOL!

Stephanie Eaken said...

This is an awesome card Leah!! Love it!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Tried to comment on this the day it went live but I couldn't from my phone. :( BUT! I've come back to tell you how much I love this, so very fun and I just love this kit! Well done Leah!!!!

Tracey said...

So so pretty...love your gorgeous card and all those sprinkle :)