Thursday, October 9, 2014

Friends Make Me Batty ~SOUS October 10 Sketch~


Friends Make Me Batty

 We have a simply wonderful sketch today for Stuck on U Sketches created by my friend and co-leader Nanne! The DT has created the most incredible layouts and we look forward to visiting your creations as well! My layout today is all Halloween and was a good time to put together…was fun to think back on last years holiday festivities! 

 I didn't follow the sketch exactly though I did on the paper placement. I took the circle arrow out but added my moon and placed my bats with some movement that reminded me of that circle arrow from the original sketch. Sometimes we look at a sketch to literally…you can follow it dead on or take the paper placement…or embellishment placement. Lots of ways to look at them! 



 I watered down some white paint and soften my background paper and then added both Black Soot and Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I really watered down red paint and added drops with a large rounded paint brush. Ok…want to hear something that's gross? And I mean it…??? Ready??? These blood drops look SO real and I would know as we've got a couple sufferers of bloody noses here and so I am a bit of a blood drop expert. I know, sick but true.



Papers~
Basic Grey Basics
DCWV Ghosts and Ghouls (pretty much my only Halloween
paper for the last few years, and yes, officially getting sick of it! LOL)
DCWV Fall Stack (as ancient as the first)
rest of scraps 
Die Cuts~
Silhouette Store: tombstones, moon, bats, acorn flourish
and font from Dafont.com
Sizzix flourish
Inks and Paints~
white and red acrylic paint
Distress Ink 
Misc~
Girls Paperie Halloween stickers

 Thanks for visiting friends (not the ones that drive me batty though…I promise! LOL!)
post signature

2 comments:

Katy said...

Absolutely WONDERFUL!!!

Jane Stirling said...

Totally loving this Leah. The bats are sooooo cooool xx