Sunday, October 19, 2014

Happy Owl-Oween ~Craftin' Desert Diva's Linky Party~

Happy Owl-Oween

 Hey folks! Today is a share day for the current Linky Party at Craftin' Desert Diva's! We want to see ALL your fabulous crafty Halloween projects! Come visit here to share! We can't wait to see what you all create…so far, oh my! Such fun! I'm sure there will be lots more to see! Speaking of…let me share my project with you all today! 

 All pieces (except my stamping owl) were all cut on white card stock and inked with Distress Inks. This is certainly not a new technique nor is using Distress Ink new to me but actually coloring my paper totally with ink- that's new to me! I love the depth and richness this lends! I have to say that this background, not as much here as in real life, almost seems to glow within! Perfect for this full moon Halloween night =)

 Because I had the white border on my stamped owl, I decided the page needed white somewhere else. I cut the background twice and left it on my cutting mat while I inked my background, I then cut again and used the white thin piece only and inlayed this into the background so it's a totally smooth surface. 



 The background was also sprayed lightly with a shimmer spritz to give that magical feel to this foggy, spooky night sky. My owl was watercolored with Distress Ink and a water pen, the eyes were colored black with a glaze pen and I added white Enamel Accents dots to the eyes.



 So glad to get to share this today! Hope you enjoyed!
post signature

4 comments:

Vivian Lake said...

Wow! All that inking looks fabulous! The owl is perfect.

Janis PauseDreamEnjoy said...

Beautiful card! ~DT sister, Janis

Kimberly Jensen said...

Love your card!! The design is awesome!! :)
Kimberly
Crafting Desert Divas DT Sister

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

Soo cute and spooky ! Love the owl !
Hugs,
Mayra