Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Trick or Treat ~Craftin' Desert Diva's DT~


Trick or Treat

 Hi all! Today is my very first post on the Craftin' Desert Diva's blog! Too excited! I have a warm and happy Autumn card to share with you all today using the super darling Beary Thankful stamp set for the September release! 

 I layered some decorative leaves that you are able to find around many stores during the fall season, my favorite is using them in craft projects! I love the texture and ease of adding these to any project though it's always something paper and not really home decor. I warmed up some plaid paper by inking the edges and to bring in the black from my stamping and faux stitched lines I matted the plaid with a small mat on black paper. The warm browns and bit of black are a nice combo. 


 The wonderful thing about richly pigmented colored pencils is that you don't need to do anything but layer on the color. Though I do like to blend with mineral spirits (gamsol) I love the dense shiny color from straight colored pencils. Look how bold and intense the color is on this kraft card stock! Love! 


(image)

(sentiment)

 Thank you so much for stopping in today! See you soon! 

post signature

2 comments:

Creative M said...

Congrats on your 1st post!!
Totally cute & fun!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*


Karla Yungwirth said...

I love all the fall elements on this card, especially using the leaves! Beautiful colouring on your cute image :) Thanks for the heads up to check the SOUS blog! Have a great day:)