Thursday, November 20, 2014

In Everything Give Thanks ~SOUS November 21 Sketch~


In Everything Give Thanks

    Before I get started on my layout with the sketch I created for today's Stuck on U Sketches challenge…I wanted to say a big THANK YOU to the ladies who are leaving our team today! You each are such incredible scrappers and I will miss having you on the team, you have no idea! 

   I've got to say that the ladies went all out with this sketch challenge! Amazing! So head over to the blog if you've not been there yet...
   
   This was created while I was away at a scrap retreat and I am not kidding…this took me almost an entire day! I'll admit that I looked at it and didn't see it taking that long…but seriously…it did! Then again, the title alone I believe was 6 cuts combined! So cutting and gluing that alone. Plus every cut was inked and we all know how much time inking can take! 



   All the layers to the title, all very subtly off set, ended up creating a very sturdy and significant title. Always end up really happy with I layer like this. Particularly if there's no shadow. I really wanted to use the bird paper that's in the background but the print was a bit too much, so I added some vellum which allowed the color, though softened and then that also helped the title pop.


  These are family photos from last Thanksgiving. This is my youngest sister and my oldest son, they happen to have a very close relationship, always have, and they are both adopted as well =) I adore this photo! I had SO many amazing photos though that as an after thought I decided to create a second page where I could use those extra pictures.



  There's me and my hubs, my daddy with the turkey, my sister again with my daughter and my niece and my favorite doggy…then a silly group shot on the front porch =)




   Usually I add my 'what I did' kinda list but I had enough photos today =)

   One more HUGE…I'll miss you ladies!!!!!!! Thank you to Neela, Padni, Cindy and Patricia!!!!!!!!!

post signature

2 comments:

Joan Smith said...

OMG your LO is absolutely Fabulous,
Outstanding, Super clever and Oh so creative. girl I love it. When I read your little story where you mention that you completed in 1 day "Are You Kidding Me"? I'm shocked that you got it done in one day you really did lots on your LO and I know what it takes to scrap...from even chosing the paper which can take forever let alone make your embellishment and do everything to showcase you awesome pics so WOW girl all I can say is you are one super talented scrapper.

Katy said...

OMGOSH!!! I am soooo going to do this stacked title on my next layout!