Thursday, November 6, 2014

Light of My Life ~Stuck on U Sketches~

Light of My Life 

 Hello most darling friends! I'm sharing a project today using my most recent sketch for Stuck on U Sketches as I'm your November hostess =) Hope that you enjoy creating with the sketch too! I never know if my DT actually likes my sketches or not…but either way, guess it doesn't matter because they DO have to create with them and they DO turn out amazing every time! LOL! 

 This page started with me looking for 2 vertical photos…apparently everything I take is horizontal. Seriously. Once I had my photos I started playing around with designing and was inspired by the single vertical stripe in the page. After playing with my design I decided the lighthouse looked better to the side simply to show off more of the design. I love how a sketch can inspire! 

 It was also a treat to scrap these photos…as parents, any "happy" photo of ALL of your kids actually looking (even if goofing off) at the camera is miracle enough! 

 Litte bit of inking…Crackle Accents and some think jute called it done for the embellished extra's on the page.



Papers~
Paper Studio Beach House
Bazzill 
DCWV
Basic Grey
Die Cuts~
Silhouette Online Store:
lighthouse, anchor, ships wheel, wooden posts, 
sea shells, seagull, grass, waves and hearts
font from dafont.com 
Misc~
jute, ink and Crackle Accents 
post signature

4 comments:

Nanne said...

This is awesome.. love the over sized die cuts and your design is amazing..
hugs
Nanné

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Leah! I cannot even tell you how much I enjoyed your visit to my blog yesterday! Thank you so much for your kind words! I absolutely love meeting other adoptive parents! And your blog is amazing. I will most definitely come back to SOUS - I enjoyed using the October sketch so much!!!! I hope to have time to participate in this challenge - your take is wonderful. I not only love your layout, but the sketch, too. Thanks again!

Jane Stirling said...

Fab page Leah. Loving all the die cuts, such detail. Love the popped up title too! As for the sketch, you know we DT girls love them. Maybe we don't say THANK YOU often enough... xx

Kim said...

Leah, I absolutely Looooove this layout! I just have to pin it for future inspiration!
~Kim