Sunday, November 9, 2014

You Light Up My Life ~Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbon~

You Light Up My Life
 Can you stand the cuteness? And seriously, who said monsters were scary? As a mother of 3 young kids…it's my duty to make the bad dreams go away. I think this little guy would make anyone's day a bit brighter =)
 This is my share today for my Design Team posting day over at Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbon. I wasn't sure where to start with papers but am so happy with how this turned out! Kinda simply but darling! Hehe! I think the background shape (yes, a PPPR cutting file) really helped the little guy pop from the page, as well as cutting these on a printed paper. Just more interesting then plain ol' card stock =)


 I added this extra picture because I wanted to show how I added a bit of glitter to the background behind the top layer of the monster. As well as to the lantern and black border on the shaped piece. 

 Well cool, that wraps it up! Here are the files I used in case you want to check them out! Have a GREAT week all! 

There is also a bundle option with more monsters
that you can find HERE, if your interested! 

Wait! Need even more monster cuteness?
HERE is another set! 


Papers~
DCWV Fall Basics
black card stock
white card stock 
(small cut pieces cut from
white and colored with Spectrum Noir markers)
small scraps (yellow and black shimmer on lantern)
Die Cuts~
Silhouette Cameo
Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbon files (see above)
Misc~
black doodling pen
Diamond Stickles 
black pearls 
 See you soon all! 
post signature

3 comments:

Katy said...

You light up my life TOO!!! Love that this little monster is CUTE and love your handwriting along the curve of the bracket frame!

Ruth G said...

Totally adorable! I love the colors and papers you chose and the bits of glitter really make this sweet monster shine! Completely fun and cute card! TFS!

lauren bergold said...

omg! now THAT is one of the cutest monstas i've EVER seen! i think you're right-- i'd run TOWARD him, not away!!! totally love that you've done all the cutting on patterned paper, kid of a digi version of paper piecing, with out all the scissor action... VERY clever! <3