Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Sending Christmas Cheer Tag ~Craftin Desert Divas~


Merry Christmas Eve!

  Seriously can not believe what day it is! We wait all year for the day to come and then it comes all together too quickly! So sad! LOL! But there's been a little too many December adventures and I'm ready for normal to return…if I could just keep up the tree and keep listening to the holiday music! Ha!

  Today is my posting day for Craftin' Desert Divas. I've created a layered tag using the Tag It stamp set. I had started with the idea of simply off setting the back tag but it didn't show enough of the pattern. I finally too the plunge and cut the tag in half and after some fiddling, made myself a large tag! Ended up really liking the size and how it's a more significant project because of it! 


  I did some stenciling on my background after masking my image. And used Perfect Pearls for a little something in the background. I also traced the word Christmas with a glitter pen after using a post it to mask the sentiment so that it could be stamped in part like this.

 As simple as my details are in the embellishments, boy did it take forever! I changed the ribbon colors a couple times. Added another jingle bell, then the ribbon. It ended up making the bottom of the tag feel too empty. My snowflake embellishment also took time as I tried to decide how many snowflakes to layer and what colors. So simple…and yet not so much! Ha!


If you click on the link below each stamp set image
to take you directly to the shop! 

Simply Christmas
Tag It 
Thanks for visiting today! Hope you were good girls
this year so that Santa can treat you right! LOL! 
post signature

1 comment:

Desire Fourie said...

Leah this is just such a fun tag. Loving the little penguin and it would look great with a pressie. Wishing you and your loved ones a blessed festive season and a 2015 filled with tons of love and joy.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}