Saturday, February 7, 2015

Family Vacation ~Stuck on U Sketches Die Cut Challenge~

Family Vacation
   Ahhhh, Sunday. A day of rest. Well...it should be. For people without children. Or pets. Or HUSBANDS. 
   Anyways, restful or not, I am here to share a layout for the newest Die Cut Challenge for Stuck on U Sketches...
   Heart To My Heart...we want to see hearts, lock or key and any combo of those! 
   This super rare family photo is my dad and all his siblings. This is the first time in my lifetime that I've been with them all at the same time. One of my aunt's I've not seen since I was very young. Believe it or not, I was the only one that managed to get this treasured photo. Go me! This is from my sister's wedding this past October. We were actually at the lake here which is why I added some die cut shells (if you were wondering). I chose this picture for this challenge project because I was inspired by the idea that family is the "key" to life!

   I'll admit this isn't my favorite project. I'm not sure what it was. I tried adding and did add a lot of black pen detail. This helped a bit. Not horrible, but not a fav either. Can't win em' all. 
  

   We've been huddling down this weekend as we've had some good rainy, stormy days. Good to stay in and be together! Well, thanks for dropping in!
post signature

2 comments:

Rosie said...

I like your layout Leah, the pen work on the die cuts is a great touch!

moknowsall said...

very nice. yes, family is the key to all. I am in the east bay and it's been raining all weekend.
Maureen
moknowsallcrafts.blogspot.com
heather-bittenbythebug.blogspot.com