Sunday, February 8, 2015

I Love You More ~Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party~

I Love You More
Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party 
    Sharing today for our Red, White and Pink Linky Party for CDD. Okay. This one made me question myself cause this much pink almost made me gag. LOL. Ok, kidding aside. Wasn't too sure what to do and then decided to spend some time playing with the Distress Ink watercolor technique. My first attempt on thick card stock didn't work, the paper still adsorbed too much so I had to pull out some watercolor paper. Worked much better. Originally I planned on a wash of pink in the background but the more I added, the more I added. LOL! 
    This was a treat to make. Some projects are a big time suck, some just allow you to be and feel creative. This was that treat for me today. 


   For details I splattered some red and white acrylic paint and then painted a scrap of paper and die cut these small hearts to add. For some shine (over the white swans, some hearts and a few random spots on the background) I added Wink of Stella. The image and sentiment were stamped in black ink with clear embossing powder.

   And the Craftin Desert Diva sets from the January release.

Sending Love
January Freebie
You'll find the info on the main page on how to
be eligible for the freebie stamp!  
post signature

2 comments:

Kimberly Jensen said...

Wow!! Love how you did the background!! Pretty awesome!! :)

Kathy Salido said...

This card turned out beautiful, love the background you created. I need to try this technique.