Friday, February 27, 2015

Oh Baby! Craftin Desert Divas


Oh Baby! Oh Baby! Oh Baby! 

   I am sharing today over at Craftin Desert Divas and am so happy to finally be able to share this
card with you all! Sometimes I create stuff way ahead of time and then have to wait, sometimes weeks, to actually share this publicly. I've had this card sitting in my kitchen for awhile so I can enjoy it before I have to give it away! LOL! But honestly, this was a total treat to create and I am just dying to go buy some frames and make some little watercolor home decor projects!!!

   I stamped and kept some open clouds in the sky and then a few hearts from the Sending Love set (used the corner of my ink pads to stamp only the heart in the word "love", which was easy to do and required no masking.) I used a light grey ink to stamp the baby elephants. I wanted the outline to hold its value but not compete with my colors. The sentiment was stamped in Distress Ink and then with a detailed watercolor brush, blended the words because it otherwise didn't stamp the best with that ink. In this case, this worked perfectly. To finish this off the baby elephants and the hearts got a pretty shimmery coat of Wink of Stella.


   Here are photos and links to the sets I've used for today's card! Aren't these great?



         



   Hope you've had a great week and will have a wonderful, joy filled weekend! Blessings! 
post signature

6 comments:

Saundra said...

Leah, this card is awesome! You did a fabulous job with the watercolor! Love it! ~Saundra

Kathy Salido said...

Leah, this card is absolutely gorgeous! ! I love how the watercolor is so soft, perfect for a baby card. Do you use watercolor pencils? ?

Joan Smith said...

OMG Your card is so Adorable you absolutely did one outstanding Artistic card...WOW this definitely deserves to be framed. You really are one super talented gal I'm in awe of what you did
Your card will definitely be a card that will be treasured and kept forever. YOU so ROCK!!

Jessica Martell said...

This is so cute! I just love how you made each elephant a different color... And not to mention they are my favorite but great job came out stunning!

mum of two said...

Stunning Leah, just stunning! TFS :)

Michelle
Purple Monkey Moments

Rosie said...

Your colouring is amazing! Such a wonderful card to receive!