Saturday, February 21, 2015

Super Bros ~Stuck on U Sketches Die Cut Challenge~

Super Bros

   It is my day to share my Die Cut Challenge project for Stuck on U Sketches. Our newest challenge is something we can all relate to...CLOTHING! I think this is such a good challenge and I'm sure there will be so many awesome projects done for this! Even if my scrappy subjects below happen to be missing some...clothing. Gasp! Well, luckily these super boy getups do follow our theme! =)

   Hey, before I get to the load of pictures I wanted to explain that I'll be a bit quiet for awhile. The period of Lent started last Wednesday. Ash Wednesday. It's the 40 days leading up to Easter. For many Believers they choose to "give up" something during this time as symbol of the suffering of Christ. I am sure many of you can imagine the pain involved if you were to say, give-up coffee? LOL. Really, I have no idea as I've never had a cup of coffee in my life but I know some of you people are serious addicts! Okay...slightly veering off topic. Well for Lent I gave up electronics. Well, let me clarify...I gave up electronics unless it is specifically faith related. So, no Facebook, no TV, no Pinterest...you get it. I can listen to Christian music (which, sorry, I normally don't do), read Christian book, watch sermon's online, etc. 

   I bring this up pretty much because I want to explain my absence. Also, made as slight seed to put the thought into your head if you'd like to join this time of year in a way to do something to show your appreciate/understanding of what our Lord has done for us?

   Okay...speaking of that! What did the Lord do for me? He created PAPER! Yay! So let's share my layout and a bunch of pictures...



   I added touches of Wint of Stella (glitter pen) around the page...like the title above and on the Super Bros...

   The page is so busy that adding the pain splattered "stars" really actually helped soften everything. I think I wish I had maybe done a little bit of a darker background paper then this grey...but hey...



   And lastly, I added this fun stamped border to define an area for a tab bit of journaling. Adventure Time comes from this stamp set from Craftin Desert Divas. 


I also used this cutting file set for the amazing city scape from Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbon
...which I love so much because you also get some extra buildings...so so cool!

 

   Thanks for letting me share today...a bit of my faith AND some scrappy fun! Have a wonderful Sunday and a great week! xoxo! 
post signature

5 comments:

Jennifer Earley said...

Fantastic LO! Love the super hero die cut and kids! Good for you giving up so much during this Lent season. Hoping you get much out of your music and readings.

Katy said...

Bang...boom...fabulous!!!

Katy said...

Bang...boom...fabulous!!!

Karla Yungwirth said...

Amazing page! And I admire your resolve for lent!

Ruth G said...

Fun layout! Your title is awesome and all the die cuts are fun along with the photos! Thanks so much for sharing! Great idea for what you're giving up for lent!