Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Away We Go ~Craftin Desert Divas~


Away We Go

   Just stopping by to share something I made...and just for fun! Yay! I used a great air balloon file from the Silhouette store and created a shaped card with it. 

   I made sure to weld a panel with the 2 background clouds into the main shape of the card. Otherwise the clouds would have nothing to "sit on". I really enjoy creating shaped cards and find them such a fun variation in your standard card making. 

   I also really enjoyed this because the style is a little shabby chic, which is something I am certainly not known for doing much of! So in every way, this card was a fun one to make!


    Originally this die cut did not have this extra (light brown) shadow. But I felt the top layer needed to stand out more. Maybe it was my paper choice? Anyways, so I created this extra shadow and then followed that outline with gold Stickles Glitz and man did that make this project pop!


   I also stamped this sentiment from Craftin Desert Divas and then traced it using a glitter pen!




   I am sure this post will be pretty quiet since it isn't for anything particular so for those that catch it! Glad you did! ;)
post signature

6 comments:

Katy said...

I caught it and am soooo glad! This card is GORGEOUS!!!! LOVE the addition of the brown 'shadow' and stickles...FABULOUS!

Katy said...

I caught it and am soooo glad! This card is GORGEOUS!!!! LOVE the addition of the brown 'shadow' and stickles...FABULOUS!

Vivian Lake said...

Stunning and definitely inspiring!!! So much creative thought went into this card and it really shows off your style. LOVE it!

Tina H said...

This is amazing! I love every single detail you put into this! The papers, the shape, the flowers and the sparkle!! Hope you have a beautiful day :)

Scrapping Girl said...

Definitely got the WOW factor with the shadow and sparkle! Looks fabulous! Always enjoy stopping by to see what you have made because it's always fabulous!
:)
Michelle

Rosie said...

That is ADORABLE, great work!