Sunday, April 26, 2015

Craftin Desert Divas Daily


Mom Watercolor Card
   Watercolor is super popular these days and we would love to see any Craftin Desert Diva examples
you may have made so feel free to share those with us at our CDD gallery on Facebook. I made this card really with my mom in mind. She loves art and is a great artist herself. There's actually many artists, crafters down her side of the family. When I was thinking of what to make for her, I knew she would love something like this. I think it's fun when creating something for someone in particular that you really think of that person, their likes, and really tailor a card just for them. 

   One of the cool things about watercolor is how forgiving it can be. I was trying to get the background colors to move more and so had sprayed my paper. It ended up blending and muddying up the colors around her face. Luckily, more water and paper towels can be your best friend. I removed most of the color, let the area dry a bit and then fixed it! Yay! 

   As much as I like the card, I wanted something extra, so here and there I added a bit of Wink of Stella. Along with a few details done with colored pencil (like some tone on tone hearts drawn in). 

   Now this little blonde is ready to be sent off to remind my mom of her little blonde ;)


Hope you have a wonderful day! Thanks for stopping in! 
post signature

2 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

Leah.... This is such a Sweet card! Your Mom is really gonna love it!!! :)


Theresa
Scrappers Anonymous

Creative Crafting Designs said...

I really love how you did the water colors. Your card is beautiful.