Thursday, May 14, 2015

Home Sweet Home Die Cut Challenge


Home

    I'm sharing this special layout today for our challenge reveal at Stuck on U Sketches. We want to see everything "home" in our Home Sweet Home challenge. Our challenges rules have changed so as long as your project fits our theme and you've used any die cutting (manual or electronic machines) then you are good to share with us! 

   Many times I start with pulling photos for a challenge that I have in mind. I then design a layout for that particular photo. Once I saw this picture of my parents...I knew that was "home" for me. And then for choosing my image, I often will look through by key word my Silhouette library images. I knew pretty much immediately that I wanted to use this birdhouse image. I added more flowers, some branches and this sweet "home" title. 




   I was lucky enough to create this layout and a few more, this past weekend when I was away at my Mothers Day scrapbook retreat. It was so nice to get away and...to create! 

   Thanks for letting me share today! Have a good one! 
post signature

3 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

Oh how Pretty Leah! What a lovely picture of your parents with a great scene to highlight their faces.... :) Have a great day!

Theresa
Scrappers Anonymous

Joan Smith said...

AWWWWW What a super sweet Lay out!!
The picture of your parents is so cute and what you came up with for your Home Sweet Home theme of things is absolutely precious..I love that little bird house with the darling love birds OMG Leah you truly did an outstanding creative job...Love the way you scrap you always put so much love into it and definitely scrap with passion. I feel honored that I got to see it. YOU ROCK

Ruth G said...

Perfectly awesome! From the idea behind your layout to all the wonderful die cuts and the sweet photo! Thanks so much for sharing!