Sunday, June 14, 2015

Dad, You Are My Hero ~Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party~


Dad, You are My Hero

   I'm sharing this Fathers Day card for the Craftin Desert Divas Fathers Day challenge. At first I really must admit that I had no idea at all for what I was going to do. Luckily, when faced with a challenge, the best thing to do is to just look at your stash and see what speaks to you! The "you are my hero" sentiment is what I found first and, of course the superhero image...then it hit me to add a die cut dad to it! Perfect! 

   The idea for adding a vellum layer came while putting together the card. I really like the way it mutes the background city scape. For something very different, I stamped and embossed the superhero and colored that on vellum as well!




   This was my first experience coloring vellum and it is very, very different. Lines show, blending doesn't really happen. It could of been my markers, or the vellum. I'm not sure. It worked well enough for something small. All in all, I'll try it again someday cause the look is really cool! 

   Oh and don't forget we always have awesome Linky Party prizes! A stamp set of your choice from CDD or $25 to Too Cute by Jessica. Before I forget to remind you of that! 


   I used this file from Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbon to create the card base and layers,

   Hope you all have a very wonderful week! This is the last week of school for my kiddos! Wow! 
post signature

1 comment:

Scrapper69 said...

LOVE your Card Leah! It's so cool and perfect for Father's Day! Have a great day! :)


Theresa
Scrappers Anonymous