Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Birthday Girl ~Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbon~


   Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbon day! Woohoo! Can you believe I have waited almost 2 months to share this! My favorite, ever, ever project for PPPR! This little sweetie is over at our county fair getting herself a winning ribbon! Yay! I knew immediately that this card had to go into the competition at our fair so when I gave this to my sister for her birthday, I said "now can I have that back?" LOL! Totally true story! 
   Ok...let's get to this card...


   As darling at this little girl was, I wanted to give her a different hair do. Something a bit more ethnic feeling. Easy to do with the extra files the shop has! You'll see the example below with the photos of the cutting files I used. 


   Oh my! The shine! This card is so pretty! No matter what I tried, I couldn't get the sparkle to really shine for the photos. But the shirt, hair bow and yellow on the cake are covered in Wink of Stella. Not to mention the bling-ed out background! 


   The starburst cutting files are some of my favs in the shop. How I only came up with this idea now, I have no idea. It took some serious time but I did the background in steps. The darker shade was shaped with a star background pattern and dusted with Perfect Pearls. The lighter shade was stamped and dusted but with a different stamp and color of Perfect Pearls. Then over all that, I used a balloon stencil with Versamark. It was my first time using an embossing powder that once heated turns sticky. That was the perfect base for all that glitter! This background is easily my favorite background I've ever created! 

   Okay, now let me share the files I used! 

Make a Wish Cutting File
Dress Up Girls 1 Cutting File 
Sunburst Shapes Cutting File

   Glad to have you visit us today! Take care! 
post signature

4 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

WOW!! What a Fabulous card and a blue ribbon winner!! How Awesome is that! Congrats to you! :) It was so nice of your sister to give it back to ya to enter the Fair with! I did that with a card I gave to one of my kids... I wanted to see if I could get it published in the Cricut Magazine.... and it did!!! So I had to ask for it back... cuz they wanted it!! Eventually he got his card back too! LOL But the background looks so cool on your card and you can see some of the glitter showing up on her shirt.... Have a Creative Day! :)

Theresa
Scrappers Anonymous

Sue Kimmet said...

This is fantastic, love her hair!

Ruth G said...

Great effect with the background and super fun design overall! Good for you for entering this at the fair! I'm sure you're inspiring so many with it there, too! TFS!

Creative M said...

WOW!! Adorable!! Love it!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M