Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Sea Ship Porthole Tags ~Craftin Desert Divas~

 Sea Ship Porthole Tags
   Oh my goodness! I have to admit that this project really got my creative juices flowing! LOL! Not only was I a mess of anticipation to get this started once I had the initial idea. But then I had to create it in steps and days. Luckily this turned out because it would have been a heck of a let down if it hadn't! ;) These cuties were created using the stamps from the newest Craftin Desert Divas release. If you haven't had the chance to stop by CDD...or to check out last week's sneak peeks or blog hop. I highly suggest that you do. The projects were beyond incredible! You can also visit us on Facebook, here. And scroll around to check out projects there as well. 




   The die cut tags are from Silhouette, I made my own solid background to show color in the cutout. I also created a layer to enforce the hole, which also added color. The porthole I made using design software, easy enough. The "ship" pattern on the tag was created using a ruler and markers. Note, the tone on tone shell I stamped in the bottom left corner? 

   The "it" part of the project was covering the entire colored stamped portion with Glossy Accents. Also the part that took a bit of extra time, both to cover the area and to allow it to dry. I cut multiple layers of the porthole to have it stacked and raised. My error was cutting the stamped circle a bit smaller. If you wanted to do this same thing, make sure that the stamped piece is the same dimensions as the entire porthole. There was a bit of a gap between the 2 pieces (stamped/glossy accents and porthole frame). I used a strong adhesive to glue these together and sat something heavy on top to ensure these stuck together well. Not a big deal but something to think about if I were to do something like this again. 




I was able to use parts of each of our new mini sets! Yay!



(tone on tone shell on tag)

You can find all these sets, plus our entire new release 
HERE

(join the fun sentiment) 

   Thank you...as always, for stopping by today! I know our time is valuable. Even if you are unable to comment or just come by for photos and don't read a thing (Guess what? I do the same thing at other blogs. I just wanna see the pictures! It's about the projects people!) If you do happen to catch this...seriously. Thanks.
post signature

6 comments:

Giorgia P said...

Oh Leah these tags are super cool! Love the tone on tone shell, the porthole design is perfect and the layer of glossy accent?!?! My gosh!!! Unbelievable!

Katy said...

TOTALLY awesome tags...the port hole and the little aquatic animals are the CUTEST!!!

Scrapper69 said...

Those are fabulous tags Leah! LOVE how they turned out! :)

Theresa
Scrappers Anonymous

Shirlee Calbert said...

Love, love, love the tags Leah!

Koronky92 said...

Those are very cute. Thank you for sharing your talent with us this morning. Have a great day.

SweetLife4Me said...

Cute