Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Two for Tuesday Craftin Desert Divas


Making Spirits Bright

   Hey all! I'm so excited to be sharing this post today with my girlfriend Steph! This fun posting day at Craftin Desert Divas is called Two for Tuesday and 2 design team members share a post using the same CDD image but in their own unique ways. Steph's project is so super cute, make sure you check that out at CDD too! 

   Not sure if you had come by yesterday but I had posted an elegant sparkley card yesterday for our CDD Linky Party. That tone on tone card inspired this one today. I wanted to create my own background and so did that with using the wreath from our Stitched in Circles die. I laid that background first and then used the In Line die to cut the thought bubble border. So that cut out and revealed the inside of the card. 


   To add detail and attention to the main image, I stacked wreathes together to give them more dimension. To also add a pop of color,  I the layered those in a bright pink and splattered the background with pink ink. The popped wreath, snowflakes and scarf all have a nice touch of Wink of Stella. That detail was tricky to photograph! My little reindeer was colored with Spectrum Noir markers.


   Here are all the products I used from CDD! 
Holiday Helpers
(image and part of sentiment: making spirits)
Tis the Season
(sentiment- bright)
Stitched in Circles Dies
In Line Dies
post signature

1 comment:

Steph Phillips said...

I am so in AWE of this card!! It is beautiful and my favorite of yours!! Thank you for doing Two for Tuesday with me!!