Sunday, December 20, 2015

Love, We Make a Great Pear ~Craftin Desert Divas~

   

   Hiya friends!  I am thinking ahead a little bit to Valentines day and wanted to think outside the box a bit with the stamp set, Farmers Market from Craftin Desert Divas. This easily is one of my favorite sets and I loved coming up with this card that I plan to give my hubby! 

   Did I mention this set is on SALE? Yep! Having some December fun! So if you love this set, grab it while you can get a deal! 


   Ok so first I want to say, do not be afraid to cut up your stamps! Trim them up and they easily go back together on a clear block if you need them back together again. I very carefully trimmed off the small heart from my sentiment stamp from Sending Love. Don't want to cut your stamp? Then try masking with post-it notes, washi tape or even regular tape, whatever you have on hand! 

   I started with stamping my masked pears and then created the sentiment around them. I then took the paper to my trimmer and cut until I got up to my pears, I finished by hand trimming around the pears and cutting a banner end. You could easily stamp this flat onto the card base but I thought this gave a bit more interest and allowed the sentiment to stand out against my inked background. I used the same green and yellow as in the pear coloring. For a bit more fun, I white embossed this awesome confetti like border stamp called Across the Border. I then stamped that tiny heart (again in the same green and yellow). I filled in with a white gel pen and added some glitter gel pen details. 

   Looks simply but this little cutie did take some time to create (just like most of our cards do!)

   Check out the sets I used today! 

(sentiment and pears)

(small heart trimmed from Sending Love sentiment)

(white embossed border)
Thanks for stopping in today and checking out my project!
See you back here tomorrow for more stamping fun! 
post signature

1 comment:

Dorlene Durham said...

Cute card Leah. I love all your small details which make the card really stand out! Merry Christmas to you and your family from me and Carly.