Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Thanks Sunshine ~Craftin Desert Divas~

  
    Today I'm sharing my first creation using a 4 bar card size for Craftin Desert Divas. Also better known as a thank you card size or RSVP size. The smaller size is fun to work with, if you've not tried this, I suggest it! The size is approximately 3 1/2 x 5. I also really wanted to try this size as well as my first try at making my own envelope with the 123 Punch Board that I got for Christmas. Easy (after the first mistake, LOL). I will totally be playing with this card size more often. 


   For a bit of extra fun, the sunglasses were added on top (instead of masked on) and I added some glossy accents. I did mask and added each eye (a little crazy) to the sunglass layer. They were too cute not too! I also added the small flower in the background for fun. The background is colored with watercolor. This is also something I wanted to try, with the bold color around the focal stamped image and then fading out. This is something that I think I'll be trying again as well. 

   The best part...and the part that you just can't see! Darn it! Is that I flipped the stamped panel over and ran a stylus around the body of the bird and therefore embossed the body. The dimension on the front is SO cool! The thanks sentiment is electronically die cut, both layers painted to add color. 



Here are the CDD goodies I've used today...


(sunglasses and (sunshine) stamp

(small flower)


Hugs friends! See you next time! 
post signature

2 comments:

Steph Phillips said...

I LOVE this card! All the little details and coloring are fabulous!! Definitely one of my favorites of yours!!!
<a href="http://stephanie-scraps.blogspot.com>Paperpiecingbysteph</a>

Katy said...

Sooooooo ADORABLE!!!!