Saturday, February 6, 2016

You Color Me Happy ~Craftin Desert Divas~

You Color Me Happy
   Hi friends, Leah Schaeffer sharing with you and I'm excited to share this card with you! I had the idea to turn the fried egg from our Kitchen Cuties into a splash of color! You can easily mask the center circle but I actually found it just as easy to ink around the edges. So fun! I think there are more ideas out there for this fun shape...flowers even? I'll have to think more on it! 
   I also added a few of our dies for a bit more detail around the card as well as using them to create the background shapes. Now if you ask me...and I promise, it's not because I designed them (LOL) but the In Line dies at CDD are one of the most unique and versatile die sets on the market! With that set I created the angled background piece with the stitching. You'll see more of the sets I designed used here and the list at the end of my post here. 

   I really enjoyed using so many different coloring options for this card! The distress ink watercolor backgrounds. The colored stamping that was filled in with Prisma colored pencils. The coloring may have taken forever, LOL. But was worth it, there's just something about colored pencils. I layered over and over and only used the color to blend, no gamsol used. 
   Here is what I used to create this. 
Beyond Measure
Kitchen Cuties
And CDD exclusive dies 
In Line
Mix It Up
Fancy Frames
Pocket Pieces Hi
    Okay my friends! Enjoy your weekend! 
post signature

No comments: