Thursday, May 5, 2016

Just a Wee Little Note ~Craftin Desert Divas~


Just a Wee Little Note

   Hiya. I'm posting at Craftin Desert Divas today and wanted to share this super sweet card! I am so tickled at the country vibe going on! And the darling pattern paper. I looked for another paper but I didn't want to hide the carrots so decided a vellum panel over top would be best. The slight softening of the pattern helps all the stamped images stand out a bit more. 

   All the coloring was done with Prisma colored pencils. No gamsol blending so this took a little longer because of the layering with pencils only. I will admit that I rarely find the need to use mineral spirits to blend pencil. I like the look of pencil on it's own. 

   I added just a bit more dimension with the stamping. I had thought because the one panel is raised to not also pop the stamping, but I'm happy with the look. Just happens to be a thicker card! 

   As to not waste any paper, I cut the bottom carrot paper with the smaller die (therefore the bottom layer looks like a frame). That I matted slightly with the same paper as the card base, and then popped that for the top layer. Which is then covered in vellum (as cut with die). Hope that makes sense!
   And here are the sets I've used today.
Farm Living 
Farmers Market
   Thanks as always for visiting!
post signature

No comments: