Sunday, August 21, 2016

Alien Birthday ~Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party~


Hello friends! The theme for this Linky Party at Craftin Desert Divas is "Watercolor"! We would love to see all of your projects that fit this theme! So go ahead and craft it and link it up on the Craftin Desert Diva's Blog.

Every other Monday will mark the beginning of a new semi-weekly Linky Party over
at the CDD blog. We hope you will share your projects with us! And don't forget
about the prizes! Every Linky Party will have a winner and a Top 3!
The more times you link up...the more chances you have to win!!

Our Sponsors for this Linky Party are:

One 4"x 6" stamp set
One Digi Stamp of choice
   Ok, sometimes some projects just flow and I have to say that I really enjoyed making this one. No challenges, pretty simple. It was a good time. I used an old October Afternoon paper pack and watercolored with my Kuretake palette. I wanted to highlight the stamping so I concentrated the pigment around the image and my hand drawn balloon and then washed the color out as it drew away. 



   I used the Mix It Up dies that I created for CDD to create the shaker and then added a couple other die shapes for interest using the Fancy Frame die. And of course, these amazing sequins! I also did a bit of masking to get the sentiment I wanted to use from Punny Farm. 


   Here are all the CDD products I used:







   Ok so today is the first day of school! Wow! Can I tell you all what today means...it's a significant day in my life actually. Today marks 12 years (and only a week off) of having kids at home. Today, all 3 kids are in school full time. No more little ones at home during the week days. 12 years it's taken to get to today. Both of my son's repeated kindergarten, so I did 3 years in a row, 2 years off and then another 2 years. Most of those years I had to do to school a few times each day, not including days that I volunteered. I'm telling you...this is huge! A new chapter in the life of this momma! Thanks for letting me share! 
post signature
SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments: