Thursday, October 6, 2016

Die Embossed Inked Background ~Craftin Desert Divas~


Hugs
My Deepest Sympathy

   Hiya! I'm posting over at Craftin Desert Divas today. I really enjoyed creating this card. It was been some time since I had done embossing instead of cutting with a metal die. Inking the background took some time but it was super easy after creating a mask. There are tons of videos about how to emboss with dies but the gist is that you use a rubber piece under the paper and die. That way the die is only pressed into the paper and not cut. People have talked about using felt and other ways but the best impression really comes from using the rubber. 

   I masked the white portion and then sprayed the rest of the panel with a shimmer spray and white paint splatters. I stamped the sentiment with inks that matched my distress background. I also added some shimmery hearts from Pocket Pieces Hi, which I then covered in Glossy Accents. I really think you could make this card over and over in different colors and change the sentiments and make this all the time. Love that good of a design! 


   Here are the CDD goodies I've used...




   Always glad to have you stop in! Have a great weekend! 
post signature

No comments: