Friday, November 18, 2016

Die Cut Background Layout ~Craftin Desert Divas~


Snow Much Fun 

   I created a scrapbook page! What? Yes, yes I did! For Craftin Desert Divas. My first scrap page in, well awhile. So sad. But I missed it and this was a great start back! And believe it or not, most of the main elements are all from one of our newest released dies, Winter Wonderland! Pretty cool to pull an entire layout together pretty much only using a single die set. Wood embellishments not included, obviously. 

   You can see I created a textured background by die cutting the images and gluing them flat onto the background using the same color paper.  I would highly recommend that you choose your photos and design first. That way you can glue down the die cut images around the empty space. It was a considerable job to do this, but having done it for areas that would end up covered would have been a huge waste of time! This step will save you, believe me! 


    And of course, these white flowers were created with the die as well! 
    I recently created this card for our #CDDMONTHLY Social Media Mood Board Challenge that also features another design using this same die background. I think it's the next post here on my blog...so you can keep scrolling if you've not seen it! 

Winter Wonderland Dies
   Thankful to have you stop in!!! Enjoy your weekend friends!!!
post signature

No comments: